Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I Was The Devil . . . .
 Login/Join

posted
If I was the devil, I'd want total control of the population. I'd start by disarming the entire population in America. You might think this is an impossible task, but it's an easy job -- for me. I'd just wait for a tragic shooting to occur, and then I’d inspire my friends (liberal politicians) to whip out their prepared anti-gun legislation. I can always fool emotional liberals into clamoring for more protection from guns . . . . no problem there.

To enslave the population, I'd also need to make ammunition impossible to acquire. With ammo suppliers all over America, you would think this is a major task, but it's another easy job -- for me. I'd buy more than a billion of rounds of ammo, and I'd tell Americans that our ammo would just be used to protect them from terrorists. However, that purchase would only be a small dent in the ammo supply of the United States.

That's not nearly enough. I'd want to collect virtually ALL ammunition and leave nothing. I'd simply get a few government agencies to purchase virtually all of the remaining ammunition under a jillion fictitious names. After all, money is no problem. I'll just print more money, or get it from raising taxes. Most shooters will think I had nothing to do with it, and they would probably think the ammo shortage is caused by their own panic buying.
Ha Ha .... This is so easy -- for me.

Posts: 30 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well, im glad your not the devil. we will all be in the poor house. i dont like him anyway. tha is why america needs to be praying for our nation from people like you..im glad your in flordia and not S.C.

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vines:
well, im glad your not the devil. we will all be in the poor house. i dont like him anyway. tha is why america needs to be praying for our nation from people like you..im glad your in flordia and not S.C.

I think you missed the OP's point.

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is part of a paul harvey piece from 1965 - which is really scary when you realize much of it has come true

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary Surko
I might have

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So we should move this to the political forum right?

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
The title, "If I [were] the Devil" is a Paul Harvey monologue. It appears he did the first rendition in the late 60's, and then revisited it at least once, maybe twice, most recently in the late 90's.

A google search will give you most of the background (which is where I found the above).

I don't think less of the monologue because he revised it; and even in its latest genuine rendition (the late 90's), it's still eerily priescent.

Make no mistake, Harvey is a modern prophet. Folks would be wise to consider his words...

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote