New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re#19 is it weather sensitive ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Shooting 270WSM 110 V-Maxs in mild winter weather in California getting great performance with Re#19. 1st of Feb I'll be hunting Coyotes in 25 degree weather? Will the difference change performance?

How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but looses his soul

Posts: 183 | Location: SF Bay area | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it does it won't be much.I have shot in colder in a 300WSM and can't complain.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot RL-19 with my .340 Wby for years and it has been with me to Alaska and Colorado from 10 below to 95 degrees with no problems. No perceiveable change in POI. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2355 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use RL19 in my 300WSM, and while I haven't noticed any changes with colder temperatures, when it gets above 95*, my groups open up slightly. Enough to tell on paper, but still accurate enough for hunting.

Posts: 203 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been using RL-19 the last three years for my .270WSM loads. No change I see from 100F to 10F.
The only change I see is that slower Alliant powders are almost impossible to find in my area, Washington State. How about others?
I have a place in Sweden near where it's made.
Nothing has been said of production or export problems. Any enlightenment?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased a single can of Reloader#19 just tonight. I could of bought #22 and #25 also. I'm in the SF Bay area. Can't you buy it mail order?

How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but looses his soul

Posts: 183 | Location: SF Bay area | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I have seen temp affects with Rl-22 (100 to 10 degrees) but many guys say no problem so I will look closer. As to powder the shelves here have been empty starting almost the day just after the election. Gun Show lines to get in this weekend were 200 yards long until mid afternoon. Should all settle down soon.

Posts: 206 | Location: Tucson, AZ, USA | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote