New
Find
Notify
Tools

458 Lott case length trimmer gauge
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
who sells these--I don't seem to be able to locate one--it looks like I can have Lee make one for me, but I'd think it must be available--can you use the RCBS trim die for a 458 win mag and make it work or do you guys just mic them and cut and mic & cut them some more until you get the length right--seems like to much work to do it that way, but if that's what it takes then be it--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I've seen one made by Lee on e-bay, it was a custom order. Lee ought to make this a standard item, as it is now a factory chambering, with factory ammo avalible. I would like one myself as the Lee case trimmer system is a neat one, use several for other rounds.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HK--I too use the Lee trimmers and like them--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just talked to Lee and they will do it for $15 dollars--they need case length and bullet diameter--you can do it over the phone with a CC--now what length--2.790 or longer---what are you guys trimming your cases to and how are you doing it????---chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
2.75" to hit the cannelure on the cheap 500 gr. Hornadies, and still keep OAL under 3.6" for proper feeding from an M-70 box magazine.

Use a Lyman trimmer, with the power adapter. It works, but the outside chamfering/deburring is a real pain. That's a lot of brass to remove.

Something that was consistent on the length, like the Lee, would save a lot of time. Perhaps I'll order one; I've got a Lott factory crimp die on order already.

Pertinax

Posts: 444 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote