Find
Notify
Tools

MEC reloading equipment ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
Good or bad expirience with this products ? Have they web page ?

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Mike M>
posted
I'm sure there are far more shotshells loaded in this country with MEC equipment than all the others combined. MEC loaders work fine, are dependable and very affordable. There are probably better choices for very high volume loading but get ready to part with some money to go that way.

I'm not sure if they have a website but would certainly think so.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MEC is the king of affordable shotgun reloaders.

I have used them for 35 years and never been disappointed..

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with the others who have praised MEC shotshell reloaders. I don't think you can do better in reloading equipment for shotshells. One other consideration is that parts and accessories for MEC equipment are readily available -- more so than any other reloader.

I don't have their phone number with me now, but call directory assistance in Mayville, Wisconsin, and you can get it from them. The technical people at MEC are helpful, and can tell you where to get parts and accessories if they don't have them. MEC also has a website: you can get to it through google.

[This message has been edited by LE270 (edited 12-04-2001).]

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a MEC that I use to Load 10 gauge. These are mainly goose loads for my SxS and I have never had a misfire or a shell that would not chamber. I have no problems with it as It does not see the volume that my 12 gauge set up gets. For twelve gauge I use a Ponsness Warren which I would give a slight edge to as far as overall quality of the finished shell. But a progressive PW will set you back 4-5 times what a MEC will. Unless you are a serious clay buster or can't do with anything less than the best go for the MEC.
As an interesting note. In Colorado there is a dealer that is about 97% shotgun related. The manager related to me that one weeks worth of sales volume for MEC exceeds all other manufactures combined for that entire year. Don't know if this is true, but it is believable.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Gary Rihn>
posted
I've got a Sizemaster that developed a minor hiccup just a couple weeks ago. (The handle would come up against a "stop" near the end of the down travel). I called MEC's customer service. The girl tried to transfer me, got back on & said "They're all busy. Rather than hold, call back on this 1-800 number & you won't be paying while you're waiting". I did as she said, explained my problem as best I could, and without even taking time to think, the guy told me to check one thing, I did, & he told me right there what was wrong. Very minor thing that I was missing/overlooking. So, for about 3 minutes on the phone, I had my loader running like new again. I was impressed! I'd recommend them...

<BigBores>
posted
I use a Jr to load 16 ga shells, had it for probably 5 years, never had a problem with it. Load dove and quail loads every year, it just keeps working.

<Sparticus>
posted
I had a sizemaster for years. It's a "keep it simple stupid" sort of product. I went to a progressive type ( not MEC ) and things went down hill for a week until I got the darn thing tweaked out for the Remington STS hulls. MEC sizemaster seems to do it all. JUST READ THE DIRECTIONS... Mark

<George Capriola>
posted
I have a 9000G, and it's a real workhorse! It took a little fiddling to get the automatic primer feed working, and you have to pay attention for a clean primer drop, but other than that it'll crank out shells until your arm falls off!
Regards, George.

<Ol' Sarge>
posted
I have used a 650 Jr for 20 gauge (low volume) and a Sizemaster for 12 gauge for close to 15 years now.
They both have worked perfectly, with never a problem.

------------------
Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I have a 600 Jr, in 12 ga. A 650 in 20 Ga. and the 9000G in 120 Guage and never had a problem with any of them. I'm planning the purchase of two more 9000's, one in 20 and 28 guages.
I have talked to guys that had the big "P-W's" and have switched back to MEC because of ease of use.
If your a trap or skeet shooter, go for the 9000, in an afternoon, you can load enough shells for a season. (almost) It's well worth the price.

------------------
Don't tread on me!
Pennsylvania Frank

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Multi Vis>
posted
MEC website is www.mayvl.com ::::Multi Vis

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Thank you all, that is all what I need to know.

Good Hunt

Jiri

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote