Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

100 speers
 Login/Join

posted
hi does anybody have any data for 270 100grn hollow points with varget powder or any other powder ?
Also any suggestions for cureing a slight flinch when im just about to pull the trigger its damm got me shooting all over targets (its only a .243) the way im shooting i think im firing a damm TANK,

Posts: 8 | Location: uk | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
http://stevespages.com/277_1_100.html

As for your anticipation...like Smokey used to say, "Only you can prevent..."

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
blitzking
The standard cure for a handgunners flinch is to practice with a partner who loads the gun sometimes with live sometimes with dummy rounds or a mixture of both. Should work with a rifle.
Remember, you are trying to SQUEEZE the trigger not jerk it, it should be a surprise when the trigger breaks. Squeeze slowly and you won't know when to flinch.
Guy

Posts: 73 | Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
ty guy been out on saturday shot ten rounds flinched just once because i had ear protectors on

one of us
posted Hide Post
You beat me to it, Blitz. Flinching with a rifle is much more likely to be due to noise than recoil.

You might add plugs under the muffs. Help you 20 years down the road even if it does not help your shooting now.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Realizing and acknowleging that one flinches is sometimes the biggest hurdle to overcome in correcting it so you are already on the right track. The "squeeze it" approach has its roots in US Marine training methods and it works well. You want your focus to be on "holding" on the target as opposed to timing your shot. Practicing with an air rifle can be a valuable asset also.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speer 100 HP, 58-60gr IMR4350. About 3400fps from my Win. featherweight at the top end. Shoots good in my rifle. Jeff

Posts: 45 | Location: Helena, Mt | Registered: 12 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a long term incipient flincher myself I use dry firing, firing a 22rf, trigger work (no creep), avoidance of heavy recoiling calibres, taking your time and not rushing, examination of each shot and never regarding yourself as cured.

It is perfectly possible to become a good shot suffering from an incipient flinch but you must allways hold it in the back of your mind.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
well guys a big thank you for the replys [Smile]