New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pressure signs in Browning BAR 300WSM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am new to reloading and could use some help. What should I be doing when checking for signs of pressure? I inspect the primers and look for flatening etc, I have a Chrony and check velocities. My velocities have been lower than listed in the manuals but, I am shooting a barrel with a BOSS. I here so much about bolt lift which I cannot check with an autoloader. Right now I am using MagPro and 180gr Nosler Part. AA says max is 76gr. I worked up my loads from 70 to 76.3gr. I saw no signs of pressure. I backed down to 74.7gr., sub 1 in group. I should be fine with that load but, I still think I am missing something. Is there something else I should look for, is there something I need to purchase to check my brass?
Thanks

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
If you are under max in the book and are not having flat primers or cratering, no holes in the primers you should be fine. It sounds like you have found a load that your rifle likes. I would suggest a Wilson Head Space Gauge. It comes with directions on how to adjust and I have found them to be beneficial. Hope this helps.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve, I sent the Files last night that should help you. Or I should say it "looked like" Hotmail sent them to you. Did you get them?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hot Core, I did thanks. I was just reading them, looks like what I need.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve, Please copy "grizz and bowhuntr" with them. You may be the only one that got them. Something strange is going on with Hotmail right now.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve add me to the list ! I shoot several semi-autos

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hot Core, I sent them to Grizz and 358, but, I can't find user " bowhuntr" I found several that are close, but no "bowhuntr" If you can help me find the right member I will gladly send them out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve, I finally got through to bowhuntr today. Thanks for the assist.