New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS "The Grand" Progress Press
 Login/Join

<beagleman28>
posted
Has anyone used this press? Does it load 2 3/4", 3" and 3.5" 12 ga shells? What do you like about it? Any dislikes? Where can I get a good deal on one? Thanks for the info.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
If you don't get satisfactory answers here, go to trapshooters.com, and do a search.

As far as different length shells, I would think you would not want to change the thing around, once you have it set. IOW, you wouldn't if you could. JMO, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
I have a 12 ga. Grand and like it very much. It is certainly adjustable to 3" without much fuss but I don't know if it will adjust all the way to 3-1/2" or not. I load 2-1/2" shells with mine, and it was necessary to do a bit of modification of the wad guide to get this to work; I'll be happy to explain what I did if anyone is interested.

Operating this press requires attention to two things: making sure a primer dropped and making sure the powder gate is moving freely. Both are easily seen while working the press. Crimps and operating speed are excellent. It does take up a lot of space on the bench!

I got mine at Graf's. http://www.grafs.com

[ 02-20-2003, 21:32: Message edited by: bpesteve ]

Posts: 973 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote