Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

winchester silvertip bullets?
 Login/Join

posted
i found a whole box of 100 winchester 180gr 30cal silvertip bullets. these are in the old yellow box. what are these worth? any value in them? or just load them and shoot them? thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
dd

They could be worth more to a collector than to a shooter. Depends on the age and the condition of the box. I'd be interested in seeing a photo if you have one. Send me a PM.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Silvertips are my favorite bullets for whitetail deer when using my .270. I would love to find some .277" 130gr silveritip bullets.

Posts: 43 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought 500 of them bulk some years back. They have been an excellent bullet for me, but I don't know when they were made.

Cheers,

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great bullet for werewolves. I got one last week. Used 130 gr. in my 270 Win at about 75 yds. The bugger took three steps and piled up. Face looked like a warthog.

sorry. must be the season.

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
But his hair was perfect.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet:
But his hair was perfect.

That's good! thumb

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
I'm an old Warren Zevon fan.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grins, Werewolves? Well, whatever, the Winchester Silvertip is a tremendously destructive bullet that has worked first time every time for me in the .270 WCF.

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also purchased a bag of 500 in .277 caliber. Weird though. they have the canelure on them in the wrong place. A little bit too high up. But it doesn't seem to affect anyting at all as they are very accurate and do a nice job on deer for my brother in his .270.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet:
I'm an old Warren Zevon fan.

send lawyers, guns and money....

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Moments before he was ripped to shreds, Edgar vaguely recalled having seen that same obnoxious tie earlier in the day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by delloro:
Moments before he was ripped to shreds, Edgar vaguely recalled having seen that same obnoxious tie earlier in the day.

Neat!