New
Find
Notify
Tools

PO ACKLEY
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How can I obtain a copy of P.O. Ackley's books? Iv looked through brownells and on amazon with no luck.

Posts: 108 | Location: Panhandle of Texas | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a copy of Vol 2 on EBay right now.

http://tinyurl.com/ykmwxye

Don Boyd

Posts: 78 | Location: Hampton, VA | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.gunbooksales.com/reload.htm

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have both volumes, and most of the information is pretty dated. What sort of data are you looking for out of these works?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want the volumes for no other reason than just to have them. The information as to the reloading part is not for use to me, just the book and knowledge i can gain from it.

Posts: 108 | Location: Panhandle of Texas | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Just use "Google" or any other search engine to find used book sites.

Just type in Used Books and hit Search. A zillion sites will pop up. Go to any one of them (AbeBooks is particularly good sometimes). Then on that site's search space, type in P.O. Ackley and click the Search button again.

Or,even easier, just use Google itself to do the search and type in P.O. Ackley Books and hit the Search button. You should get led to a bunch of them,and can even opt tp have them listed in cheapest to most expensive sequence.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my two volume set of "Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders" from Amazon. LOTS of great history and info from a guy who actually knew what he was taking about!

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.amazon.com/Handbook...Ackley/dp/9992948817

Here is the first one, at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Handbook...id=1262987194&sr=1-2

and here is vol 2.

Problem is they want $99 for the first and $75 for the second. There are only one each available though.

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't remember if I got my 2-Volume set at a Gun Show or from Wolfe Publishing during one of the Christmas Sales.

I agree with OXO that a lot of the "Load Data" is dated and should not really be used. However, the Articles are just excellent reading which cause a person to think.

"Thinking" about something someone has written is the highest praise I can give them - and Mr. Ackley's books do just that.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brennanc9093:
How can I obtain a copy of P.O. Ackley's books? Iv looked through brownells and on amazon with no luck.

They come hard bound and paper back, just thought you should know. In comparison the paper backs are kind of cheezy.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote