Find
Notify
Tools

CH4D
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of IanD
posted
Any opinions of this company's dies? How does their quality compare to Redding or RCBS?
Also, any experience with their bushing dies?

Posts: 366 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I and a couple buddies have obtained dies from them for some relatively obscure cartridges. They are priced quite reasonably and have worked well, no complaints.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Hi Ian,

I have CH4D dies in 375 Flanged, 404 Jeffery, 470 NE, and 500 Jeffery. They have worked well. They aren't finished as well as Redding or RCBS, but they get the job done for my purposes. HTH

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
I rang up with some enquires and left a message. The owner Dave rang back and dealt with my queries. I like the titanium nitrite coated FLS dies as well.
Good service good product.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
My 404J dies are CH4D. I had issues only with the shell holder that came with them. I had some light loads back out the primer and there is no way to get the case in the shellholder this way. I had to use a #14 RCBS to resize as that is all I had and they are grooved for the primer issue. The dies work and are affordable.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IanD
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I am interested in their bushing dies.

Posts: 366 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm another happy customer.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DIXIEDOG
posted Hide Post
I can't help with the bushing dies but I bought one of their swaging die kits and it works very well. The above comment about not being as finished as some others is very true, the threads on the die body had large hanging burrs and the finish on the threads was awful but functionality has been excellent.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Have custom swaging dies from them in several sizes-- good equipment.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
another satisfied user of thier 404 dies.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
they are the only company that makes Rosette Crimp Dies...dies for making blanks..

My father in law's VFW post was running out of sources for their honor guard at funerals for their M1s...

so I ordered a pair of Rosette Crimp Dies and showed my father in law how to reload them...

When I told CH4D what they were for, they didn't charge me at all... they gave them to the VFW with "their compliments"

Good guys..

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thye aren´t finised so well, but ok for me.
I use them making 9,3x57 Mauser cases from 8mm Mauser- and .30-06 Spr cases. stir coffee stir

Posts: 171 | Location: Finland | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a set of 35/30-30 Improved dies and they work as well as any dies I have ever used. Their customer service was excellent and Dave really helped in deciphering the reamer drawings for my chamber.

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave made my 9.3x64 and 10.75x68 dies. Completely satisfied.

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote