Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finding Brass
 Login/Join

posted
I have bought some Winchester rifles from friends of mine and im having a hard time finding ammo or brass for them, bought a big bore in 375 winchester, found some brass $300.00 for 50, $255.00 for 2 boxes of ammo, same with 7X30 waters and 307 winchester, gave up and thought i would judt use some 30/30 brass for the 375 and use it for cast bullets untill brass and ammo becomes available again, your kidding me Graf's was sold out of 30/30 brass, would it do any good to call Winchester and ask them to make some of this brass so we can go back to shooting again, or am i just waisting my time.

Posts: 65 | Location: texas | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to have some 7-30 Waters brass. I will look around my loading room to see if I can find any.

I may have some once fired 30-30 brass as well.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
keep looking.
the 7x30 can be made from 30-30 brass easy enough.
make the 375 from 38-55.
starline makes it and it's just a trim down to length to make it work.
the 307 is gonna be a bit rougher it's a rimmed 308 case.
I have some brass for the 307 but no rifle just yet, and no it ain't for sale.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.307 and .308 brass are identical except for the rim on the .307. Counter to what you would assume, the extractor on the Win 94AE will usually grip and extract regular .308 brass. Give it a try. The worst that can happen is that you have to push the case out with a cleaning rod.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bubba
You have a PM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a ton of 30/30 brass, for $30 a 100, plus shipping, which is $6.00. I can ship more than that for the $6.00. Also, try www.kensbrass.com, as he seems to have a lot of brass there, and prices seem reasonable. If you want any of the 30/30 brass pm me please.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
307 can be made from 7x57R or 8x57R, full-length size, trim and fire-form; 8x57R may need the necks turned. You can buy either right now made by Norma or RWS from Huntington's. Both are very well made brass, Norma 7x57R currently less expensive than the other options. Huntington's also has 356 Win cases available right made by Winchester; it would help to run them into a 338 federal sizing die before using a 307 sizing die, then neck turning the cases. And as always, nothing better than Imperial sizing wax to use for the lubricant when changing case shapes. Remove the neck expander rod and apply a very thin layer to the inside of the die with a q-tip every 5 cases or so to prevent case dimples from too much lube.

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote