New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x64 Shellholder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone tell me which RCBS (or other brand) shellholder fits the 9.3x64? Have seen a couple numbers mentioned but can't find a definitive answer. Thanx

one of us
posted Hide Post
The regular 30-06 holder works on my brass.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a .376 Steyr which is based off the 9.3X64 and the shellholder is RCBS #42. Hope this helps. You could call RCBS customer sevice 800#.

To a Republican every day is 4th of July.

To a Democrat every day is April 15th!!

Posts: 86 | Location: California | Registered: 05 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I emailed Huntington and they said the 9.3x64 takes a special order shellholder that runs $20. I've got to order some brass anyway so I'll order one. I didn't know finding the right one would be such a pain. The Handloaders Book Of Cartridge Conversions lists RCBS #21 as the right one. I ordered one and it wasn't even close. I saw another reference to a #30 but it's the .41 Mag. Huntington lists the #34 as being for the 6.5x68S & 8x68S and the specs for those and the 9.3x64 differ but I guess it'll work if somebody is using it. Anyway, I bought a Mauser 99 9.3x64 back before Christmas and am just getting around to working with it so I'm preparing to get all my loading stuff. Thanx guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try an RCBS #30 - fits .41 Mag. Rim diameters are within .004" (.41 Mag is .492", 9.3x64 is .496") but I can't tell for rim thickness. Worth a shot and a lot cheaper than some might be.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Hell's bells. The shellholder is pointless right now. Huntington has no brass and has no idea when they'll see any. So, I guess the rifle will gather dust until I can get some brass to feed it with. A-Square use to offer it but don't know if they still do and I can't find the website. Probably want a fortune for it anyway. Oh well, not like I don't have other rifles to tinker with during the off season.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you tried here?

Or here?

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote