Find
Notify
Tools

Re: large rifle vs. magnum large rifle primers
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted
It's not necessary, but buy 100 LRM & give them a try. You might find you get a bit better groups, then again you might not.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot my 7Mm Mauser today and yeterday.I used a prety hot load of H-414 I will not say how much used but i was using 150 grain Balistic tips and my 20.5 inch CZ full stock chronyed at 2842, using federal match primers. I only chroneyed 1 round and the load was only moderatly accurate. I think I might chroney five or 6 next weekend and see how consistant the velocity is. If he spread is big I might back off a couple grains and try the federal match magnum primers...tj3006

Posts: 129 | Location: Portland oregon | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
I did a little test with CCI 250 vs. the CCI 200 primers I'd been using in the .22-250 with a compressed load of IMR 7383 and a Lee Factory Crimp. With the magnum primers, the average velocity DROPPED about 25 FPS, the velocity spread doubled, and the group size increased. Made me wonder if the stronger primers were popping the crimps earlier, before full ignition of the powder. I've always used the 250s in full loads in Magnum cases, and they do help with ball powders in the .45-70.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
If the 210's are working, don't worry about it. Just keep hitting the target/critter

Personally, I like WLR's for just about everything.

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote