THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New bullet for 7mm stw, interbond or accubond?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need some help guys. I am looking for a new bullet for my 7mm stw, tired of all that barnes fouling. Unfortunately with my limited free time before deer season, I need some advice from some people who have tried either of the above. I'm looking at the 139 gr interbond and 140 gr accubond. I welcome all suggestions or starting loads. I've read some magazine articles where the accubond accuracy was less than desirable, but want to hear from the real world. The game is whitetail at various ranges. I want a bullet that is reliable and accurate.

one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
I think the 154 grain Hornady Interbond would be better. Will shoot just about as flat and will hit harder out there.

80 grains of H1000 (72 grains start) and 0.02" off the lands should be about right.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Here's my real world experience:

the accubond is as accurate if not more than a ballistic tip...in my brother's custom 270 (PacNor barrel), and my 270's.

I'm confident that the Interbond has worked just as well in someone elses guns.

I like the Accubond. There's nothing more satisfying than going to the range with loads and most all print less than an inch on the first go. As the Accubond did.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Accubonds have been extremely accurate for me. I've shot them in 270 Win, 270WSM, 7mm Dakota, 280, 300 WSM, 300 Ultra, 338 win mag and 338 Lapua and got 1/2 minute or better groups at 200yds. I've not shot the interbonds yet but don't really plan too since the accubonds have shot so well.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the XLC's? I have been shooting some of the 160 gr XLC's in my 7mm RM and they foul less, shot better than I expected. Midway has them on sale for less than half price, I picked up several more boxes.
I understand the Tripleshocks don't foul as bad either.

You may also want to try the CT Failsafe as it's also coated.
At the velocities the of the 7mm STW I'd be wondering whether the lead core bullets will hold up.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My STW likes two bullets to the exclusion of all others. The 160 grain North Fork and 160 grain Barnes XLC. One holers when I do my part with 85 grains of H-1000 on the XLC and 82.5 grains of the same powder on the North Fork, Fed 215M primer. Both are very tough and present no worries about breaking up. Good luck and good shooting.

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot the Accubond in my 300 Dakota and it has proven very accurate.
bigbull

Posts: 400 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used the 139gr Interbond in my 7stw and it was the only bullet that I could not get a good group with. The 30 cal-bullets shoot fine. Like Jack fish said the 154's might be better. I can shoot the 150gr Scirocco in a circled quarter. Same with the flat base 139gr H-Interlock and 140 N-Part, and 140gr corelokt. I use the Layne Simpson data and for the 140's I use Imr7828==83grs max out of my Wby Accumark and av.fps is 3530

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I've also had little luck w/ the 154grIB in my 7mm Dakota & .280. I like the 160grAB, haven't tried the 140gr yet.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote