Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Die set for my 270 Win
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would just get the standard die set. Redding makes good stuff

Posts: 110 | Location: Minden , Nebraska | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AAdams
posted Hide Post
I have been using r.c.b.s die for my 270's and i haven't had any problems and i have loaded 1000's of rounds but i just got some hornady dies in 300 w s mag and i like them very well. i hope this will be some help.Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 117 | Location: Rock Hill, S.C. | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the redding standard FL die set. I see you are willing to pay a little more money though so I suggest buying the carbide sizing button. Also, if you really want to hastle with the bushings, you could go that route, but for hunting ammo, as stated, it is not necessary.

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For a hunting rifle I think you would be well served with the Redding Deluxe die set. IMHO Redding's are the best overall dies available. I think that the competition neck die sets are best for match rifles and I've found they work better with turned necks - which I don't think is needed on a hunting rifle. I also think that you'll want to be able to occasionally full length resize for reliability in Hunting ammo.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to jump on the Redding bandwagon. I'm very happy with their stuff. I'm partial to type "S" sizers and micrometer seaters, but that is just my way of compensating for some fundamental character flaws. The deluxe die set would serve you well.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
For my money, the best standard FL dies for bottleneck cartridges are those from Forster. They put the expander button way up the stem which alleviates a bunch of the potential for unconcentric and out-of-true necks. To me, it's one of those ideas that is so obvious, I can't understand why everyone else doesn't build their's the same way.

Good luck,
RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote