New
Find
Notify
Tools

270 gs custom reloading
 Login/Join

<builder>
posted
I recently received GS Custom 110 gr. bullets for my model 721 in 270. anyone have any experience with reloading gs custom bullets in this cailber?

I have a supply of reloader 19. Would another powder be better?

<Don Krakenberger>
posted
I have some of these but don't have a .270 win. I loaded for friends .270 wby but he hasn't shot them yet. I don't think that I'm buying into the idea that the driving bands reduce pressure. I think I got my load info from a hornady or barnes manual. I can't help but think that re 19 would be a good powder to start with for you. Let us know about your loads, velocity, accuracy etc.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I use RL19 in a 7mag w/130 gr GS's. Velocity runs just over 3400 fps -- which happens to be about 300 fps more than I can get out of a Matchking with the same powder. I suspect I can get more speed out of the Matchking with other powders, though. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch....

How has the performace of these bullets been for you? Have you tried them on any big, big game?

Thanks

Al

Posts: 61 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I shot an elk with it, but it was a lousy shot. The bullet went through the beast, though, and the elk did die, so I have no complaints (other than my shooting [Wink] ).

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch,could you elaborate more on the shot that you took at the elk(angle,where the elk was struck by bullet,and location of the exit)?Not trying to bust your stones or anything,just curious as to the performance of the GS Custom Bullets.Thanks.

Posts: 58 | Location: Charlotte,NC,USA | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote