New
Find
Notify
Tools

470 practice loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
OK...gonna ask here...got varying opins on the big bore side. DO I NEED A FILLER FOR 55-60 GR OF 5744 AND A 400 GR HORNADY BULLET??? I am shooting a Merkle 470 NE. It shoots Fed factory stuff and 500 gr RL 15 loads with wads great...but I want a playful practice load. Just need to know if you all have experience with similar loads...don't want to ruin a gun after only 50 rounds or so! THANKS for any responses.

Gary B.

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me clarify...I haven't shot 50 rounds of the 400 and 5744....I have 50 rounds of full power stuff thru her. I'm looking for info on REDUCED loads. Thanks.

Gary B.

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how your load will regulate in a merkel. Mine took a 500 gr cast NEC bullet and 35 gr of 5744 They say that you do not need a filler, but I use one anyway. I had gotten that load from butch searcy one day a bit ago.

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote