Find
Notify
Tools

30-06 brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tonto
posted
I have over 350 pieces of 30-06 brass headstamped LC69 military? any value? I am cleaning up the bench.
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I think the LC stands for Lake City, I am sure someone on here will take it off your hands Smiler

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tonto:
I have over 350 pieces of 30-06 brass headstamped LC69 military? any value? I am cleaning up the bench.
Dean

Has it been reloaded before, or is it once fired?

Lake City brass often has a primer crimp that requires a heavy duty de-priming pin and a tool to remove the crimp. I have some and it is alright for reloading.

When working a load up, it is recommended that you reduce your data by about 2 grains, including the manual's listed max.

There is some information regarding military 30-06 brass in the Lyman reloading manual that is good to note.

I hope this helps.

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if its ever been reloaded? Most of it has something red around the primers? There are over 350 rounds. I was going to sell it but have no idea what to ask. i dont reload for 30-06. I wouls also trade for some 44/40 brass
dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If its still got the red sealer around the primers, it's 1x. Not worth a great deal but not junk neither. It would probably have greater trade value than dollar value.

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
The red around primers is a sealer and, as stated indicates once fired Lake City manufactured in 1969. Good clean LC brass usually sells for $.10 a round. It is good brass, a bit heavier than most commercial brass.

The primers are crimped and as stated a bit harder to remove than commercial and the crimp will have to be removed before re-priming. This can be done by swaging or reaming.

Regards,
hm

Edited to add: Many gas gun shooters actually prefer the GI brass as it holds up better than commercial.

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I have been sorting it and giving it a quick cleaning. I hate to see it go to waste. I have close to 400rds.
Dean

posted Hide Post
Hi tonto,

I don't have any 44/40 brass to trade but I do have some 30/30 and a ton of .38spl. Any use to you? I just joined this site yesterday. I used to load .357mag quite abit about ten years ago with a lee loadmaster. Now I'm getting back into it. Got my loadmaster set back up and cleaned and my wife got me a single stage press for Xmas with a digital scale and dies for .3006, .308Win, .303Brit, 7.5Swiss, and 8mm mauser. Now I need some brass. I have about 20 .3006 empty and about 60 still full Smiler. I belong to the russian-mosin-nagant forum which is great if you collect guns but there isn't enogh people reloading there to give the help I need. This forum looks incredible! It seems to have a nich for everything I love from guns to taxidermy. If any of my brass would help you out in a trade let me know, or how mutch you want for your brass. I live next door in Mass. so I don't think shipping would be much.

Thanks alot, Neal B.