THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady UNIQUE Case Lube is good for me.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hornady UNIQUE Case Lube is good for me.

I just started reloading .223 and had a couple of stuck cases.

I put together a homemade "stuck case removal kit" and have used it several times.

Then, someone told me about Hornady's UNIQUE Case lube. You just rub you fingers across its surface and as you handle the cases, it lubes them.

This stuff is really good. Since I started using it, I haven't had a stuck case - not even close. About every 5 cases I swipe my fingers across the UNIQUE.

I'm still figuring out how far I can go before I have to retouch the UNIQUE.

Thought I'd share my success with you all.

There was another product a lot like this one called Imperial Case Wax. I looked at it, but the Hornady product was packaged twice the amount and it was a few bucks cheaper.

Hornady UNIQUE Lube - http://www.midwayusa.com/viewP...productnumber=758495

Imperial Case Wax - http://www.midwayusa.com/Searc...x____-_1-2-4_8-16-32

Hack

Posts: 103 | Location: Columbus, Georgia | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
Yep, good stuff. I think it's the same as Imperial but cheaper. Not that price is a problem, one can will last 1100 lifetimes.

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been using Imperial products for over a decade but I'll certainly try out this Hornady stuff. Especially since MidwayUSA recommends it for: "Can be used to waterproof leather, boots, and shoes. "

Hmm, perhaps it's the same stuff as mink oil or Atsco SnoSeal?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornady is great stuff. I also use Young Country case lube and it works exactly the same. You get more in a tub of Young Country. Hard to find though.
When done sizing, just roll the brass in an old towel, wipes right off.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"I've been using Imperial products for over a decade but I'll certainly try out this Hornady stuff. Especially since MidwayUSA recommends it for: "Can be used to waterproof leather, boots, and shoes. Hmm, perhaps it's the same stuff as mink oil or Atsco SnoSeal"

It is indeed the same stuff. Good.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote