New
Find
Notify
Tools

85gr interbond 6mm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone loaded the 243win for this bullet I am looking for some suggestions for powders I am currently running it on 44.5grs of H380 at 3397fps
but get the odd unexplained flier.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no experience with that bullet, but try the 85 gr sierra HPBT. with that load and the sierra bullet if the gun didn't shoot I'd sell it

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tell me about this bullet I see it has a BC nearly 100 lower than the Interbond but more important how does it hold together. What have you shot with it?
Problem is the bc is so great it will not work with the ballistic turrets I have.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new forest:
Has anyone loaded the 243win for this bullet I am looking for some suggestions for powders I am currently running it on 44.5grs of H380 at 3397fps
but get the odd unexplained flier.

Didn't you get loading data from Antelope Sniper and you were going to work up from 37gr/H-380 with the 85gr IB.

have you tried any of the powders in Hornady manual?

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same bullet different rifle or rather rifles it seems to be like Marmite I,m using 44.5gr h380 jammed in the lands in my rifle which is great gives 3397fps but is not so great in the next rifle I have also tried H4831sc and H414 up and down the scale am now trying different seating depths

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What butchloc said. I have had a hard time with Interbonds. The sierras are great on game and paper. The other option I would try is the Swift Scirrocco 90 grain. Very accurate in several rifles and cases, and very reliable.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
New forest, Most shooters over here that own 243 one of the proven bullets has been the Sierra 85gr HPBT. That's one of the first bullets I used when I got started reloading 1965.

I'm not sure why you picked the IB but Hornady make a 87gr BTHP BC .376 and Speer makes 85gr BTSP BC .380.

I still use the Sierra 85gr in the 243 and I've been working up some new loads using the Hornady 87gr bullet. Been using those in a 243AI along with the 87gr V-Max.

Well good luck

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the answer is why not? But really I have always had good results with Hornady bullets it has a high bc and it really performs at the animal I think if it was as easy to load as the vmax it would be one of the best of its class.
And I like a challenge I guess.
It really is a good bullet when you get it to shoot I have taken roe, fallow and red deer with this bullet from 20 yards out to 250 yards with just about every type of shot from head to quartering shots and always the bullet has performed the only bullet I have ever recovered still weighed 78 grains.