THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Has there been a run on reloading components in your area?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has there been a run on reloading components in your area?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
At the shop where I mostly trade, they've sold more primers than usual, but there hasn't been the run on components like four years ago. They've sold more than normal, but still have some of everything including primers, powder, brass, and bullets, on the shelf except small rifle primers.

They also haven't had a run on a lot of other stuff that would be included in a reenactment of the now-expired AWB. They've sold some more AKs, but not anything in the way of shotguns or AK ammo. The hysteria seems to be pretty much limited to ARs and AR stuff.

Interesting. What have y'all seen?

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just stopped by my local guy - he carries an excellent inventory of reloading supplies and components - yesterday. First chance I've had to get to see him since the "hysteria" started but his supply was pretty good. Most of his inventory is the smaller 1-lb cans and I didn't notice any major holes in the main powders. He had everything I needed so I stocked up a bit including an extra 1,000 WLR primers. His gun selection was pretty well picked over but that was probably more due to Christmas - but I suspect the recent events have impacted him some.

I was prepared to start ordering online if I found his shelves bare - but that fortunately didn't happen. Did look at some of the main online guys (Midway, Powder Valley, Sinclair) and they were out of some popular powders like IMR4350 and some Hodgdon stuff. Primers also looked a little short in supply.

I think I'm set for a while. I chose not to hoard up during the last panic and personally don't see the need to do it this time. I hope this approach does not get proven foolish!!!

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Seems like Midway and Grafs were low online. But I went into grafs last week and stocked up for several years.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday. 12/28, I was at Bruno’s in Phoenix and they had no .224” 50-55 grain bullets and no powders in 8 lb. containers suitable for 223.

Mark

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure seems like it. I was in Sportmans in Mesa AZ . and they didn't even get small pistol primers in resupply.
223 cal bullets are getting really hard to find.
It's all a frenzy.

D

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
My local shop now rations primers; he says once his current stock is gone he won't be able to re-stock and no one knows for how long. As for black rifles, there are none in stock anywhere around here.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
holycowThe answer is yes, and ammunition also;big time. oldroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
No AR's anywhere. Reloading components thinner but still available but with a 15-20% price increase unless the component has anything to do with .224, then almost zero.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote