THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Redding G-Rx Push Thru Base Sizing Die - New - Anyone try it?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redding G-Rx Push Thru Base Sizing Die - New - Anyone try it?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I did a search and didn't see any posts about Redding's new G-Rx Push Thru Base Sizing Die.

Has anyone tried it out yet? Wasn't there a similar design by another company years ago? I can't remember.

I handload in small quantities for a .40 S&W on a single stage press.

This seems like a handy gadget to attach:

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenati:
... Wasn't there a similar design by another company years ago? I can't remember. ...
Hey Kenati, It gets worse with age. But, I seem to remember Lee making a Lubricator/Sizer that pushed Bullets up through a Sizing Die and it Lubricated them at the same time.

If there is another one, I'm not aware of it, but there could be.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you fire a higher pressure pistol round (9mm, 40 S&W) and then resize it, you can't get the bulge out of the base of the case. This new Redding allows you to do it on casing at a time.

Since 1996 there has been an outfit named Case Pro 100 that will iron out the case with a simple back and forth motion of the actuator handle. It does about 800 cases an hour. You can set it up for a variety of cartridges.

I would likely want one in 40 S&W with extra die plates in 9mm and 45 ACP. It costs $500.00 with one plate and $167.00 for any addition plates that set your heart to tingling.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cases? I thought Kenati was talking about Bullets.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope! As lawndart said the new die is for 40S&W cases. I have never seen one in action. I have used the Lee sizing and lubricating die and press.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
When you fire a higher pressure pistol round (9mm, 40 S&W) and then resize it, you can't get the bulge out of the base of the case. This new Redding allows you to do it on casing at a time.

Since 1996 there has been an outfit named Case Pro 100 that will iron out the case with a simple back and forth motion of the actuator handle. It does about 800 cases an hour. You can set it up for a variety of cartridges.

I would likely want one in 40 S&W with extra die plates in 9mm and 45 ACP. It costs $500.00 with one plate and $167.00 for any addition plates that set your heart to tingling.

LD

Thanks, Lawndart. I've never really noticed the pressure ring on the 40 S&W, but then again, most my cases have only been fired a couple times at most (I've got quite a few, so the turnover is minimal). And the 9mm USED to be so cheap, that it was worth handloading for... times have changed though, unfortunately.

The Case Pro 100 sounds like an interesting contraption. I tried to Google it but came up short. No biggie, 'cause I don't have the need or coin for something like that right now anyway.

Thanks again for the info. You too, Hot Core.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the target buyer is the Glock 40 cal club. Seems the Glock tends to bulge the cases at the base in that cal though I haven't seen this myself at the range. My Glock 9mm certainly has no problems with any ordinary die sets but I do tend to separate the Glock cases from those fired from other 9mm handguns because of the "stories". I would guess the Redding die is a response to DIY dies that have become available by grinding off the base of Lee FLS dies to get rid of the taper at the base of the carbide ring so that cases are FL sized closer to the base.