New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experiences with Wipeout bore cleaner?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone familiar with the product? What's your opinion? The advertising for it make it seem like a dream come true--therefore I'm suspicious. Plus no local dealers carry it here. Any input is of course appreciated.

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
snowcat, Wipeout works just like they say it will. It's absolutely amazing how fast it works.
Just follow the directions and waalaa,, a spit shined copper free bore.
IMO it's great stuff.

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
<roybaddy>
posted
Thought I'd post some real recent "happy" results using "Wipeout". I bought 2 Moysin-Nagant rifles at the last gun show in Tulsa this spring. Both were in excellent exterior condition. I always wanted one......don't know why? The reason I bought 2, was that I was going to keep the one that shot the best.

I had not had a chance to shoot these rifles till the second weekend in June. I got real sick when i put the first few rounds through them. Splatter patterns-about 4 to 5 inches and inconsistant. I was using iron sights on both, but I expected a little better than that. I have heard from several knowledgable shooters, that these rifles can be very accurate.

I began cleaning them with "Wipeout" to see just what was going on in the barrels. I have never seen as much crud come out of two barrels. It took 9 overnight settings with Wipe-Out on one of the rifles and 5 on the other until the patches came out clear.

I did not get a chance to shoot again until the 4th of July holidays. WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

I shot one group of 5 shots that measured .79, WITH IRON SIGHTS ! The second rifle puts all the shots into an inch. One of the guys shooting at the range saw the groups on the second rifle and offered to buy it........for what I paid for BOTH RIFLES. He was happy ----and I was estatic!

I just wonder how many guys hands those rifles went through, who believed that they were "shot out". I can't say enough good about "Wipeout" since it now has put some money in my pocket.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Where do you get this wonderful stuff? Ku-dude

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
http://www.paulcousa.com/

It is great stuff. I find it doesn't work quite as quickly as advertised, but it works so slick I hope I'll never have to be without it.

[Smile] Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Krakenberger>
posted
I got my first shipment of this stuff a couple weeks ago. I went to the gun case and starting looking in barrels for copper fouling. I pulled out my 25-06 and noticed a little streaking on a couple of lands. It took 3 cleanings to get it out. I was a little disappointed. Then I pulled out my 257 wby. It had what looked like heavy streaking on all the lands. SHOOT, I thought this will take 5 cleanings--BUT to my amazment it only took one! I think it's ability to work is related to the smoothness of the bore.

From what I've seen I like it. If you take 3 guns to the range you won't have to work on one gun and then the next and then the next. Just lay them on a flat surface--like my freezer--give em a shot--go watch some tv or whatever and then plunge them out. WOW life is GOOD!!

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Guess what I've heard it's made of? [Roll Eyes]

And roybaddy: what distance did you fire these groups at? What were the sizes of ALL groups you shot? With what ammo? Just wondering if military surplus guns can shoot THAT good.

[ 07-15-2002, 16:15: Message edited by: sonofagun ]

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post

[ 07-15-2002, 18:31: Message edited by: sonofagun ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sonofagun:

I don't know what you've heard that it's made of, and I don't care. I've tried just about every gun cleaning product known to man, and they all require repetitive applications, scrubbing with JB, etc to get a clean bore, and THEN, if you apply Wipe Out you will usually remove some more copper. Best stuff I have ever seen, and makes all the other stuff obsolete as far as I am concerned. If it came in a liquid it would be perfect.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Ewwwwwwww! EXCUUUUUUSSSEEEEE MEEE! I have to be more careful what I say! Some people get upset!
Ewwwwwwww! SORRY! [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wrote the manufacturer. There are no dealers near me. The cost of wipeout is around $11.00 (reasonable) but the shipping and handling is $7.00. I have not ordered and am still deciding. Any advice?

Posts: 26 | Location: Marilla, NY, outside of Buffalo | Registered: 11 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use it now...leave it in the bore for a couple of hours, swab it out, oil it and put'er away...that simple...

Sometimes I get all the wipe out, out and clean with Hoppes or Boreshine or something so I can use the other stuff up and I think you need to clean the gunk out also...The Wipe out is mostly for copper fouling.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don, If I remember correctly, Terry told me he can ship up to 1 case(12 cans) for the same $7.00.
I just get a couple of buddys to go with me and we split up a case.
Ray, I do the same thing with Hoppes also. Cleaning the guns without the aroma of Hoppes in the air just doesn't seem right.
Great Stuff
BTW, I was talking to Terry(Paulco)a couple of weeks ago and he said he was going to try to register on the forum so he could answer any questions forumites have about his products.
If any of you talk to him when ordering, tell him we are still waiting for him.
He also has some awesome varmit shooting stories.

[ 07-18-2002, 09:42: Message edited by: Nutoy ]

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dodgestdshift:

Check out the "Single shot pistols" forum, there is a guy in there says he can sell it for $13.99 post paid.

I am not a dealer, but I can buy it in a small hardware store in E Tx for $10.99 plus tax. I could ship it to you, but by the time we did all that you are only looking at saving a couple of bucks. If you clean many guns, order a case fro the same amount of shipping and sell some to your friends. You'll like it.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote