Notify
Tools

Re: Why I own a Dillon 650.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
WAL-MART
100 rounds W-W 115 grain 9MM $10.96. That's why I quit reloading 9MM.

Great to see your daughter shooting. My daughter Stormy 34, enjoys going to the range with me. she's a good shot. She likes the Colt Gold Cup. I hope to have her shooting IDPA sometime later this year.

Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
JCN:

Buy the Wolf stuff. WAY cheaper than any reloads.

Nice to see your daughter does not have her finger on the trigger while she's looking at the camera. "On target, on trigger. Off target, off trigger." This goes not just for the firearm but your eyes, too. Really torqued my lugnuts when I saw the Army bimbo on the cover of Time or Newsweek or whatever it was. There she was... looking dead at the camera, M16 pointed down, finger inside the trigger guard on the trigger. Yup, real brainy display of proper weapons handling. "Not." I kept pointing this out to my fellow comrades in arms, who thought I was being "hard" on her when I should be happy that they picked "The American Soldier" as the dude of the year or whatever. All I saw was sloppy weapons handling.

And no, she wasn't pointing it at some Iraqi dude on the ground... and even if she was, she was not watching the target. No, she was just a stupid wench with her finger on the trigger when it shouldn't have been.

Anyway... sorry for the tangent and rant. Buy Wolf ammo, forget reloading 9mm, and congratulate your daughter for me for knowing how to handle a firearm.

Go ahead. REALLY impress me. Tell me she'd prefer a .45 instead.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Naw,

She says she can tripple tap (two to the chest, one to the nugget) a goblin with the Glock 17 in the same time it would take her to recover from one 45 ACP shot. Mainly though, the first time I handed her a Glock 17 (I didn't want her taking a fancy to my SIG's or 1911), she said "Ooh, this one feels goooood." I told her that there are a lot of good pistols available, and that you can change the sights or get a trigger job as needed, so you pick one on the basis of how it feels and points.

I load 9mm because it teaches me patience. There are always a fair number of crimped primer pockets to deal with, and spilled powder is a given. Also, I just love VihtaVouri N-340 powder. Clean burning, consistent velocities and pretty accurate.

We all worry about our kids; Little Britches loves cowboying a lot more than college, so I'm holding my breath a lot. I had a line on getting her into the Air Force Academy, but she wanted to go to school in Idaho so she could hunt and rope. Still, she isn't but about one fourth as ignorant as I was at that age, so she'll get along ok, I imagine.

JCN

PS It has to be ten times easier to teach a girl to shoot than a guy. I told her to keep her finger off the trigger until she is ready to pull it, just like with a shotgun. She just said "ok", and has always done a good job with finger and muzzle control.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote