New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accubond vrs Partition
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Having always been a fan of Partitions I am always ready to try something new. How do these bullets compare in the accuracy and construction department? I will be using them on large game (Caribou and bigger) in 300 win Mag and 300 RUM.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6642 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as general performance the Accubond is pretty much a more aerodynamic Partition. I've shot 2 Elk with Accubonds and have no performance complaints. The one I recovered and lost before I could weigh it probably kept about 60-70% of it's original weight and expanded well. I've gotten outstanding accuracy with them in several calibers including 300 Win Mag and 300 RUM.
If I were headed on a Caribou hunt tommorrow my 300 RUM with 200gr Accubonds would be coming with me.................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
I used 180 grn Accubonds in my 300 win mag to take 4 animals in Africa and was very happy with their performance. 4 Accubonds, 4 dead animals. I will be using them tomorrow moose hunting. If you do a search you will find a lot of recent information, some pro some con.

JD

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Accubond tends to be considerably more accurate than the Partition.

The 200 gr. Accubond gave me the best accuracy I've ever been able to get with any bullet from my 300 Weatherby.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
accubonds run right with balistic tips on paper with my rifles. It has been a long time coming for a tough bullet to fly like that.

my 160gr pills leveled a pronghorn at 407yds and a mule deer at 276yds this year. Great bullets.

Difficulty is inevitable
Misery is optional

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had good results both accuracy and performance wise with 140 grs AccuBonds in a .270 Win of mine. Nice bullets, they would be my first choice if I was looking for a bit more expansion than a Partition, yet with almost the same penetration characteristics.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote