Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new bullet maker in Canada..
 Login/Join

posted
While goose hunting a couple of weeks ago I run into a fella I meet in the gunshop or on the road when we are both scouting or whatever..I needed to hunt his land for some geese and he informed me he has just started to make his own bullets.. he gave me a box of match to try.. a 168gr boattail with a rebated tail.. calls himself Wildcat Bullets. Going to give it a try but can't seem to get away from work long enough to get some reloaded..he has some ideas i have never heard in my limited exposure to reloading but it is interesting to see how a bullet is made..when i was amazed at the amount of equipment he had he said the cost was nothing compared to the 300 hundred thousand spent on a new combine.. and a lot more fun..

Posts: 13 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does this bullet maker have a name or e mail address , phone number how can I get in contact with him ?

Posts: 45 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
name is Richard Graves and he is from Wetaskiwin Alberta...1-780-352-8592 i think.. the phone # isn't all that clear on the box of bullets he gave me..calls himself wildcat bullets..claims to have a B.C.of.5952 with this 169.5gr hp match bullet in .30cal..

Posts: 13 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Based on the rebated boattail; He is probably using Corbin equipment; check out their website. Their equipment can make some fine bullets if he is getting high quality concentric jacket material.

Posts: 230 | Location: Alabama; USA | Registered: 18 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will give him a call

Posts: 45 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boy wouldn't that be great. It would mean we can finally stop importing bullets especially since the latest stunt by the U.S. State Department. I'm still miffed at having to get a import/export
license for my bullets, powder and cases. Clinton initiated that little gem, but it didn't take effect until last year. I'd like to think the Americans would rescind that law, but I doubt it.
Bush and Chretien aren't exactly on a first name basis. Best wishes to all.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
the guy making the bullets is quite a hunter in his own right..i didn't make note of the equipment he was using but but he was telling me about bonding the bullets for hunting and being able to make any weight bullet i may desire.. i think i am going try to get to know him better.. with the mad cow thing happening has made our area fairly depressing..it is nice to see some free enterprize taking a different route..

one of us
posted Hide Post
you might want to let the guys on the Canada forum know about this guy... he just might have a ton of busyness on his hands!

Posts: 248 | Location: Republic of Alberta | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Post it over on Canadiangunnutz.com as well. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote