New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prime Ammo??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've never heard of it. I have some in 6.5 Creedmoor to use until my Lapua brass shows up.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
What are you shooting for a bullet. I was told that it was Norma Brass

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,
I have a lot of different bullets when I get the rifle up and running. It will go in a new Eliseo Chassis that was given to me. We don't shoot that type competition, but will play with it. I do think it may have been on Norma brass.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
sounds like you have a plan. FREE tube chassis.
I shot a 308 built on David Tubbs. it was underscoped for me I like as much power as I can get. his was dedicated action and was epoxied Shot like a lazer out to about 600yrds.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Prime ammo uses Norma brass and bullets and is typically very consistent with low SDs even between lots. The only real downside is the velocity is usually slower than can be achieved with even conservative handloads.

I've tried the .308, 6.5Cm, and 77gr 223. All have shot very well out to 840yds.

DSC Life Member

Posts: 7 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: 26 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great to know that. My Lapua brass arrived. I think I am good to go.