New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Accubond...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am thinking that my next project will be a long-range load for my 35 Whelen, but I need to get some Velocity for that, so stepping down from 250 to 225 seems logical...

does anyone have any experience with the Nosler accubonds in the larger calibers?

Posts: 322 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
I developed a 300 yard load in my 9.3x62 with the 250 Accubond. Accuracy was good and the range was achieveable but the trajectory was a bit too rainbow shaped for my taste. I would assume the 35 Whelen would be the same.

If your going to shoot past 250 yards buy a rifle in a different cartridge.

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
Don't know if a 300Win Mag qualifies as a large caliber or not.............but I've had good luck with a 180 Grain Accubond at about 3050 fps on elk and big deer. My sons and I shoot this load and it is very very effective especially on the long range stuff.

5 elk to date for the family with this load at ranges from 75 yards to 525 yards with most of them in the 250 to 400 range. I would recommend it wholeheartedly. good luck

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote