Find
Notify
Tools

sorting mixed caliber brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of silverback
posted
Have any of you figured a good , quick way to sort bulk mixed caliber brass ? I came across 10,000+- brass of various caliber- 45,45,9, 38. I have been attemoting to hand sort-PITA. Are there any good ideas out there??

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Take it all in for scrap,, Why bother?

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't bother to sort out anymore than you're prepared to load.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife sorts mine, other guys use their carpet crawlers for sorting. I've even heard of guys using their neighbors carpet crawlers to sort brass.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silverback
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. A freind of my son's has built a manual sorter. I am looking forward to seeing and using it. If it looks good and works good I will post pics, etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen/heard of a someone cutting certain size slots in a plastic bucket and rotating it to get the brass to fall through.

Obviously, you'll need a different bucket for each caliber, and it won't seperate the 9's stuck in 40's, or 40's stuck in 45's, but it'll help with the loose ones a lot

Posts: 139 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailgunner:
My wife sorts mine, other guys use their carpet crawlers for sorting. I've even heard of guys using their neighbors carpet crawlers to sort brass.

Do they do your trimming too? I might just want to borrow a wife and couple of litttle ones Big Grin

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Guys, make sure those little ones wash their hands well before tey eat anything. There is quite a bit of lead residue left over on the inside of the cases after firing. Me, I just hand sort in front of the boob tube. It's usually more entertaining. rotflmo

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote