Find
Notify
Tools

reloading site for-
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of whtailtaker
posted
does anyone have a site they would recommend to a beginner to use for reloading 30-06 & 300 Win Mag ?
was browsing and found this one posted in a general hunting forum -
www.slatesafaris.com/7mm_reloading.htm

thanks in advance

better hunting thru trial and error-
"it doesn't take long to pickup and look at a hot horse shoe!"

Posts: 127 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina and Regions West | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First one must have at least two reloading manuals and have read all of the words in each up to the data. When looking up data always check in at least two places and check again.

Safety is foremost.

I read loads others post here and I can tell from a half century of loading if some charge is right or not by just running it my mind. I read mistakes here all of the time.

Check and double check. Internet data is not as good as having it in a book.

That said there is data at the powder mfg's sites.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

whtailtaker

Good advice from Savage99! Follow it. You should have a couple of loading manuals. Most if not all have good sections on the techniques involved. I don't know if its still true but the older Speer Manuals had an excellent section on pressure indications. Do not pay too much attention to loads listed on the net until you gain experience. You can get loading data on the powder and component manufacturers site as Savage99 said. But they don't seem to have the how to section. I said the same thing as Savage99 didn't I? Well, he's older than me. I only have 45 years of reloading experience. That's close to a century of experience. We both have our hands and eyes.

knobmtn

Posts: 221 | Location: central Pa. | Registered: 29 November 2002Reply With Quote