New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bonded bullets in 25cal??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
That is the only beef I have with the 25 caliber. Some of the speciality bullets are not available in that caliber. I would love to a see a Failsafe in 25 caliber too.

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swift does make them. But, like the TB's from Speer, they are very expensive. I like the various 100 gr. X bullets by Barnes. With their smaller cross section, they should out penetrate the Swifts. E

Posts: 1022 | Location: Placerville,CA,USA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
What I really would like to see is the Accubond, Interbond or the Scirocco in 25cal.

They sit in between the super tough A-Frame/TB and the BT/SST light duty.

I have a friend who swears never to use X's in his 25/06 again. He had one clean pass through a deer and was never to recover the animal. He swears it was a vital shot too. No blood. My 25 loves 100gr. XLC's but I'm kind of a skeptic when it comes to using them on deer without passing them through the shoulder.

I don't consider the TB as a long range bullet with it's sawed off nose.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just finished loading a friends .257 WBY. MAG using Swift A-Frames. They were very accurate and I hope they hold up at 3350 fps. It was the best that I could find in 120gr.

Sam

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Speer's Grand Slam 120 Grain is bonded.....yes, .257 caliber.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Speer's Grand Slam 120 Grain is bonded.....yes, .257 caliber.

I believe they are only bonded like their "hot cor" line of bullets. Not quite the same.

Another flat nose bullet also.

Big Slam

I think those A-Frames should hold up to even faster than that. Bonded and partitioned. What a combo.

I'd like to give them a whirl.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Look for Nosler and Hornady to fill out their lines with 25 caliber Accubonds and Interbonds....the Scirroco's are the same stuff, but at twice the cost... 115 gr-117 gr. would be my guesses as for the weights to come out....

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote