THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Would have thought I could have found Nickel 300 WSM

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would have thought I could have found Nickel 300 WSM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Either I didn't do my home work or it's not available, but I looked my normal suppliers, but I couldnt find any nickle 300 WSM brass. I'm new to the short mags...........but I would have thought I would have thought it was avaialbe. I tried midway, Graf, Huntington's, midsouth etc..........now if I missed the boat somebody help me out.........and Jeffe, don't give me a bunch of crap.......I'm not getting any younger Smiler

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
The only NP WSM brass I have seen was factory Winchester stuff...maybe there is a source for surplus/seconds from the Win factory...???

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have found the same with 3ooH&H, Federal and Win. use nickel cases in their premium ammo,yet do not provide new nickel cases for reloading.

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Try http://www.midwayusa.com

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
The only "New" Nickel Brass from Win is the .280 Rem the rest are used in factory loads.

You might try one of auction sites.

Have a Great Day and God Bless

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brytstar
posted Hide Post
At the NRA convention in Pittsburg in 2004 when asked Winchester stated they had no plans to supply nickle palted brass for reloaders.

In politics as in theology! "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, But the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Posts: 200 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Other than the fact that it looks pretty I'm not sure why you'd want it . Nickel cases have a reputation for flaking after a few reloads . Nickel is very hard and flakes apparently can damage dies .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote