New
Find
Notify
Tools

Golden saber loads
 Login/Join

<robv60>
posted
I am wanting to "copy" Remington's Golden saber cartridges for .357 Magnum. Has anyone tried this? Any info/load data/recommendations you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would take the bullet weight that you want from any reloading book start on the low end run them thru a chrony when the vel starts looking about right and your not showing pressure signs call it good enough.

Posts: 19437 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
rob -
Is the Golden Saber bullet available as a component?

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<robv60>
posted

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Thanks robv60!!

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<45/70 marlin>
posted
I load the 125 grain golden saber bullets in my 357 guns.My favorite load is 17.5 grains of 2400.Another good load is 9.4 grains of Unique.Both loads use federal 100 primers.Be careful because both of these loads are near max.I would try about 9.0 grains of unique if I were wanting to duplicate the factory velocity.

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
robv60 -

Another good, near max load in the 357, is 13.5 (14.5 listed as MAX) Blue Dot with standard, NOT MAGNUM, primer, and 125 grain bullet.

R-WEST

------------------
"the spotlight of truth will cause the cockroaches of deceit to run for cover every time"
Rush Limbaugh