Find
Notify
Tools

25-45 Sharps
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted
Anyone load for this cartridge? I have been given some 100gr ballistic tips but reloading data is non existent. I have a boat load of TAC but I'm a little concerned that it might be a little too fast of burn rate for that bullet. Any help would be much appreciated.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1088 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have A Remington 700 in 25-45 Sharps
The only data from a real source was on the Sharps rifle website. There is some data from other forums but a lot of it is questionable, people try to hard to get hight velocity.
I'm using 90 grain bullets.

M

Posts: 1236 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
For the life of me I dont understand the people who buy get this chambering expecting it to be a 250 savage. I'll be more then happy to 2400ft/sec and go kill stuff. Based off of some 6x45 load data I found 24 grains of tac should produce a workable load. Testing will have to wait though, my daughter has been bugging me to paint her gun so I suppose I'll have to do that first.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1088 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I'm shooting an AR15 in 6x45
I'm still working on my loads but 24 grains of TAC and a 100 grain Sierra (both flat base and boat tails) are getting 2350 fps average.
I'm also shooting 75 and 87-90 grain bullets.
87 grain Speers are going 2680 fps average with 26 grains of TAC.
Right now the 75 grain bullets and 27 grains of TAC are the most accurate and are averaging just under 2800fps.
My hopes are to get it to accurately shoot a 90 grain Sierra HPBT Gameking.
Two years ago I played with the 6x45 in an AR and found the 85 grain Sierra HPBT Gameking to work perfectly on 3 deer at 2800 fps.
In my opinion the sweet spot for the 25x45 is with the 87-90 grain bullet for use on deer, the 100 grain bullets and heavier are not getting the velocity I prefer.
Good luck with your project and post your results.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Paint is on! If it stops raining sometime this week we will go out to the range and try it out.

---Thomas Jefferson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We can see there is a proud papa off camera!

How did you get the the tree bark to look like her rifle?

Posts: 89 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 11 April 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I like the Batman theme rifle, nice touch!
Let us know how it is shooting.
The load info I furnished above all cycles well in my rifle and safe in my rifle.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Well, 24gr. of TAC behind a 100gr Nosler ballistic tip was averaging 2292 ft/sec. I was getting slightly over inch and half groups, not not terrible but also not that great. Next time I think I am just going to try some lighter bullets.

---Thomas Jefferson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never been around one of these.

I do have a reamer for it. Used one time.

Need to find a new owner for it if anyone's
interested.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5968 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I shot two deer with mine last year using 87 speer spitzers.

With Ramshot xterminator I am getting 2800 using the sharps data in an 18" barrel.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote