Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin 30-30 load data
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have any good data for a Marlin 30-30?
I have just acquired a lever action 30-30 and would like to work up some loads for it. I have some 150 grain lead for it but need some power types and charge wts for it. My Nozler book doesn't have much info on this caliber. If someone could share some info or point me to a website with some info it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a cast bullets website that you might be able to get what you need. I think it is call Cast Boolits.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try "Steves Pages".He use to be a regular here,but hasn't been around for some time now.He has more load data on his website than most other sources.I have downloaded all of his data for the calibers that I load.The 30-30 is one of them.That is where I would start.I would post a link,but I don't have the computer savvy.Anyway,check his site.

Posts: 147 | Location: Green Co.,Wis | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
IMR 4895 powder is good for cast or jacketed bullets using a standard larger rifle primer. We would need to know the weight/type/make of lead bullet. Plain base or gas checked bullets? And what is the purpose, hunting or target shooting.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote