Find
Notify
Tools

anyone using redding carbide button kits
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
just went wild and bought a few, guess i am late asking the question

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Yes I use them in all of my Redding Rifle dies they work great. You should still lubricate the inside of the case necks though it will make them work easier.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom,

I have them on 5 sets of my Redding dies, both on the neck & full length. My experience is the same as the above-I still use imperial sizing wax with the FL, & NECO dry for the Neck sizer. What I like is the button "floats" on the decapper, & I think, it keeps my necks more true- I get a little less run out.

Posts: 182 | Location: Va. | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Exactly what chestsprings says. I use them but still use lube.

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same as everybody else on this thread. I use Redding dies, put carbide in all of them, and lube my necks with the NECO moly. Life is so good that I don't know whether to shit or go blind.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use one on my F/L die but wish I had one for my neck sizing die also. But at $16 something a pop I'm a little slow. Like the other poster, I still lube a little anyway but don't know if I need to or not. The button still felt stiff coming back out of the neck. BM

Bill

Posts: 128 | Location: Hensley, AR | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote