Find
Notify
Tools

Pilots for 416 and 423
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I have an RCBS case trimmer and would like to buy pilots in order to trim my 416 Rigby and 404 Jeffery cases. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate them in France. Common supplier websites don't list them either. Can anybody tell me where I can order these?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It might be easier to make them, if you have access to a lathe or know someone that does. It would all depend on whether you have to pay the going machine shop rate or not. They don't take long to make, the minimum charge would be the killer.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats what I was thinking I haven't brought a pilot for years. But then I own a lathe I just chuck up some steel and turn them out.

Posts: 19620 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Most suppliers here, like Midway can get you pilots. The .423 will probably have to be custom made or you could turn down a pilot for the .44mag (0.429").
http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I think I will take the pilot for 44 mag that came with case trimmer and have it turned down for the 404 J. Thanks for the info though, saved me some losing any time on a vain search. That's what AR is good at.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote