THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More accurate : Interbonds or accubonds?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted
what is more accurate. i have liked the accubond

Question:
More accurate : Interbonds or accubonds?

Choices:
accubonds
interbonds

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't vote since I haven't tried the accubonds yet, but I have tried 180 gr and 165 gr interbonds in my 308 and 30-06 with various loads and couldn't get any of them to group in either rifle. Turns out that the most accurate bullet in both rifles are the good old interlock slugs, 165 spire point in the 308 and 180 round nose in the 30-06. Go figure...

one of us
posted Hide Post
In my .308 and 30_06 accubonds have shot much better. In my .270 interbonds provided the worst groups I've ever shot with it. The accubonds do better but still struggle w/moa. This gun is however a tack driver with 150 grain Hornady Interlocks. I have shot deer with all three rifles and both brands of bullets and both accubonds and interbonds kill like the hammer of thor.

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Accubonds for me

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have to shed some sarcasm on this one. Kind of like asking which performs better on game, matchking or amax. If you are familiar with barrel harmonics you should get either to shoot 1.25 MOA out of ANY rifle, and .75MOA or better out of almost all. For hunting, this precision will be better than the shooter in the field. The important criteria is how each performs on game. The Interbond repeatedly retains more weight (I have seen, recovered, and weighed, as well as read other similar results) which given the reason for bonding I am going with Interbonds for Elk, don't need a bonded for Deer. However, everyone keep buying Accubond's since you are keeping the price of my Interbond's down. Razzer

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I have had the same problem w/ accuracy in using the HIB. I have a very accurate .280 & 7mmDakota that shoots just about anything right at MOA, many handloads go much better. I've tried a box of 154grHIB & the best I can get from either rifle is 1.5moa & while not bad, not worth messing with when the NAB is more accurate & equal or better terminal perf.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get great groups with the Interbond in my 300 WM (.5-.75" routinely). I did not try the Accubond in this rifle.

I have used it in my 25-06. The accubond shot well in that rifle. I have not had accuracy issues with either bullet.

Posts: 428 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted Hide Post
Used accubonds in my 375 in Namibia last month. I Tried 6 different loads and the accubonds were the most accurate. Shots ranged from 150 yds on springbok to 310 on Oryx. Had one shot kills on everything except for a bad first shot on a blue wildebeast. This bullet was awesome.

Posts: 237 | Location: Ga. | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote