Find
Notify
Tools

Do-It-Yourself blanks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
We'll the forth of July is coming up and aside from ALL of the legal issues I'd like to make up some loud and flashy blanks for the new BMG 50. I REALLY do not want to spend $3 a round for the factory stuff. what's the process and should I use the slowest powder available for greatest effect?

Thanks in advance!

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
If you really wanna do this...

A few grains of Unique topped-off with coarse black powder, and over-powder wad to compress the load and some melted candle wax to seal it.

It will make a mess of oyur firearm, and remember, even firing blanks is considered "discharging a firearm".

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you use slow powder, you want fast shotgun powder under it to get good ignition.
I wonder if a wax plug on top of a
thick card wad, would work.
I think military blanks use shotgun powder like
700X.I see similiar in COTW of W-150, a fast powder, 46 gr, with a 256 gr strawboard wad, like cardboard...Ed.

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Flash holes need to be drilled out to 1/8", to keep the primers from backing out. At least that is what I found when loading 45 Colt blanks.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote