Find
Notify
Tools

Follow Up Report on Ultrasonic Cleaning
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Incredible!

I just fired mine up last weekend. After25-30 (quiet) minutes, 100 pieces of .308 brass were absolutely spotless. Be sure and use distilled water to prevent any mineral or metal deposits.

My unit is a Crest 575. It holds 1 3/4 gallons. I got two baskets, one oiling pan, one plain top and one top with three holes for beakers. I also got four 250 ml. beakers and a case (four gallons) of Citranox cleaner.

More info is available over on 6mmbr.com

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
John Charlie,

What would you recommend for a smaller cleaner? I would think a half a gallon would be big enough for my limited use.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
how did you dry off the brass?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Crest makes two smaller models; either would be good. Don't be tempted to buy the Chinese junk. Also, go for the model with analog dials for the timer and the heater. Much less to go wrong.

I had the water tap running on full hot into a 3/4 filled sink. I dipped the basket of brass into it and then shook it about three or four times. Then I poured the brass onto a dry fluffy bath towel. Everything was very dry in fifteen minutes. (no primers in the primer pockets)

This system is an answered prayer (at least for me it is).

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote