Find
Notify
Tools

.45 GAP
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted
What is it? Who makes it? Who makes guns for it? What are the ballistics?

Was at the range this morning and lo and behold, there was this cute, short, .45 rimless case on the ground. Looks to be 1/10" shorter than the .45 ACP (but I've not actually measured it). I'd like to know more about this cartridge which I've actually never heard of. I take it that AP is Action Pistol but what is the "G" for?

I'm an unrepentant brass collector. If I get a good collection of these (I've not picked up more than about 15 so far), I'd be happy to send them off for the cost of shipping. Sorry, no loaded ammo.

[ 11-03-2003, 19:47: Message edited by: Hobie ]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.45 Glock Automatic Pistol

Made by Glock and Speer

Currently Glock has the only pistol chambered for it. The idea was to make a .45 caliber weapon in the size of a 9mm frame. Which they did - Model 37. It runs at the same pressure of a .45ACP+P.

There is not much relaoding data for it and Speer is the only one to make brass for it also.

Brandon

Posts: 28 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Thanks. These 14 cases are the only ones I've ever seen. Very interesting. I'm sure I read something but because it didn't affect me at the time I put it out of my mind. [Roll Eyes] Not like it had a long way to the dustbin!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blboyd:
.45 Glock Automatic Pistol

Made by Glock and Speer

Currently Glock has the only pistol chambered for it. The idea was to make a .45 caliber weapon in the size of a 9mm frame. Which they did - Model 37. It runs at the same pressure of a .45ACP+P.

There is not much relaoding data for it and Speer is the only one to make brass for it also.

Brandon

This gun will soon become a collectors item, i could be wrong.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The market for the 45GAP is the same as the one for the 45 Automatic Short (everything including the OAL was the same as the 45ACP round, but the brass itself was .038 shorter), it's primary market is those countries that ban the ownership of weapons chambered for "military" cartridges (30-06, 223, 308Win, 303Brit, 7&8x57Mauser, etc)

[ 11-05-2003, 02:40: Message edited by: Tailgunner ]

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Unstable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobie:
What is it? Who makes it? Who makes guns for it? What are the ballistics?

Was at the range this morning and lo and behold, there was this cute, short, .45 rimless case on the ground.

your expierience is exactly like mine is with this.

was scrounging for .45 brass... picked a shell up and went "hey... this isnt .45 auto" so far I have only found one case.

Posts: 201 | Location: NJ, USA | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
You mean the 45 GAP is not a clothing store for middle aged men?

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote