THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    7mm Rem. MAg. 150gr TSX Powder/Preassue Question

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm Rem. MAg. 150gr TSX Powder/Preassue Question
 Login/Join

posted
I'm working up a load for my 7mm Rem. Mag. using a 150gr TSX. I'm using IMR4831 when look in the old Barnes Reloading Manual it shows a max load of 64.0gr of IMR4831 for a standard X bullet. Looking on the Barnes website it says you can expect 1 to 2 grains more powder using a TSX so that would be a max. of 65 to 66grains of IMR4831. My problem arrises when I look at the actual load data Barnes has on their website it lists a 60gr. Max of IMR4831 using a 150gr TSX???? That seems to make no sense, since it's completly conflicting information. Does anyone have any experience loading this round? Or words of advice.

Thank You

Posts: 2 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The data on the Barnes website specifically developed for the TSX bullets is the latest information. The possiblly 1 or 2 more grains was the guideline before data was developed specifically for the TSX.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sconie:
I'm working up a load for my 7mm Rem. Mag. using a 150gr TSX. I'm using IMR4831 when look in the old Barnes Reloading Manual it shows a max load of 64.0gr of IMR4831 for a standard X bullet. Looking on the Barnes website it says you can expect 1 to 2 grains more powder using a TSX so that would be a max. of 65 to 66grains of IMR4831. My problem arrises when I look at the actual load data Barnes has on their website it lists a 60gr. Max of IMR4831 using a 150gr TSX???? That seems to make no sense, since it's completly conflicting information. Does anyone have any experience loading this round? Or words of advice.

Thank You

Wow, just checked that out myself. That is strange. I'm currently loading 63.0 IMR4831 with the 150 Nosler btip and IIRC, that was the minimum charge.

Just remember, the load data developed by Barnes is with the components they list. Your barrel/chamber are different. I'd just load up 2 rounds of each beginning with about 58.0 grains and load up to 65.0 grains and check for pressure signs, etc.

You may get to 64.0 grains without a hitch. Your rifle will tell you what you max load is, not a manual.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

posted Hide Post
So I went to the range and tested out my loads. I can safely shoot 64.5gr of IMR 4831 once I reach 65gr. the bolt starts to stick. So based off what I found out with my rifle I can go .5 grains higher than the max. of 64gr. for the originial barnes x. I'm not sure about the website info posting a max. of 60gr. that seems way off.

Posts: 2 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote