New
Find
Notify
Tools

RWS small rifle primer 4033
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I usually use CCI BR4 primers because they have a harder/thicker cup which doesn't tend to pierce from the firing pin. I can get RWS small rifle primers (4033) but I have not used them before and I would like to know from others' experience how these compare to any of the commonly available primers for hardness (and any other characteristics that you have noticed).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never used them, but if you can get them, go for it. Small rifle primers of any make are hard to come by these days.

If you're piercing small rifle primers of any type, you might have a problem that you may want to look into.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 4033 is RWS's designation for their standard Small Rifle Primer.

The cup is .052mm thick - don't know how this compares to other primer cup thicknesses but as it recommended for .22 Hornet, .222 & .223 Remington, 5.6x50, 5.6x52R & the 30 Carbine it ought to be strong enough for the cartridges mentioned.

quote:
If you're piercing small rifle primers of any type, you might have a problem that you may want to look into.

Couldn't agree more; an issue of pierced primers is normally invovling the firearms they are shot in than the thickness of the primer cup.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote