New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forster case trimmer collet, 10.75x68
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need to know what, if any, Forster case trimmer collet will work with this case, trimmer is about 30 yrs old so that would be the classic I reckon.
I tried to add this to an old thread but got nothing & before anyone suggests another kind of trimmer, I already have the Forster, don't want to buy anything different cause I reckon it works beaut. Just want to know what will work. Its a mail order thing from here so I can't just go into the nearest store & try them for fit.
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
A Forster # 2 collet fits several original 10,75x68 cases I have here perfectly.

Posts: 973 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve, thats exactly the info I needed. I suspected that would be the one but without the opportunity to try I couldn't be sure. Just have to hope that Forster get their online ordering back up soon. Frowner
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Shinzo you could always do what I did for the 404 and chuck a piece of brass and make your own. A pleasurable half hour in the shed.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shinzo:
Thanks Steve, thats exactly the info I needed. I suspected that would be the one but without the opportunity to try I couldn't be sure. Just have to hope that Forster get their online ordering back up soon. Frowner
Steve

Why wait???

http://cliffsgunsmithing.com/C...er_Trimmer_CT200.htm

One of Us
posted Hide Post
VG, unfortunately my shed doesn't run to a lathe Frowner (oneday), might show my No 1 to one of the fitters at work & see if anything could be done. Wink

SCR, thanks for that link, I'll shoot an email off & see what can be done.
Steve