THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Felix still hanging around these parts?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When's the next Mega batch of FWFL gettin cooked up? Smiler

Ian

A.K.A. Haywire Haywood

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for Felix but I think the last mega batch about wore him out and he said that would be his last.

Posts: 1095 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see felix here some. His good friend and was also the assistant chef on the big batch of FWFBL was Sundog. Sundog runs the site castpics and the proceeds from the batch helped fund that site. Sundog also provides the home for the MOAS(Mother Of All Smelters)which was used to cook the batch. Contact Sundog webmaster@castpics.net and you should be able to get the scoop.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the burnout Frowner I'm too frikkin lazy to cook up my own.

thanks for the info,
Ian

A.K.A. Haywire Haywood

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ian-- I'm just getting ready to conjure up another batch, email or pm me, I'm already making it for a couple of guys, one more won't make any difference.

Posts: 35 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
12FLVSS---I am all thumbs when it comes to cooking anything. Despite this,I did my own batch. All ingredients except the beeswax and anhydrous lanolin were readily available. For the beeswax I contacted the county agent and he gave me the name of a beekeeper that would probably have some. (Many will say use toilet bowl rings--WRONG they are petroleum). For the lanolin,Walmart Rx ordered it and had it next day. I cooked it in a metal(they are plastic nowdays) coffee can on a Coleman stove so the smoke was outside. I store it in same can I cooked it in and just glob it into the luber as needed.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spent some serious time writing up all the conversations about FWFL. It came to a 40+ Word document.
Felix and I talked about it a lot.
The biggest problem that was continually being made was --adding the "lanolin" while the mixture was too hot--, and burning the lanolin. It will still work, but no where near as well.
If you contact me off-line, I will send you the document as an attachment.
Remember--- the lanolin burns!!!!
Before Felix and Sundog made the big batch, we checked the MP,BP, and breakdown point of each ingredient - Lew
lewisgoldstein@aol.com

Posts: 66 | Location: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: 19 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also have a great PDF demo with picturesmaterial list/instructions from Jon Aschenbach aka Turbo.
From the looks of his mix, he also has burned lanolin. - Lew

Posts: 66 | Location: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: 19 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I add the beeswax first and put the lanolin on top. Even if the oil solution is a little hot, the wax will get the temperature down way before the lanolin hits it.

It is a good citizen's duty to love the country and hate the gubmint.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote