New
Find
Notify
Tools

MGS Bullet?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello

a friend of mine find these bullets on e-bay.

The box is yellow and there is written "Modern Gun Shop" .30 cal. 150 gr. America's finest BUllets"
M.G.S. Bullet Co
Box 39 Hollydale Calif.
They look like RWS KS bullet

Can you help me to identify them?

Thank you a lot

Posts: 22 | Location: Italy | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
EekerUse to use those in the late 50s early 60s and it's been that long since I've seen them. Do they kind of look like semi wad cutters? beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello Roger

They are cone point like a RWS DK or KS, spitzer but with open base.

Do you remember about their performance on game?

Thank you

Posts: 22 | Location: Italy | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Giovan22:
Hello Roger

They are cone point like a RWS DK or KS, spitzer but with open base.

Do you remember about their performance on game?

Thank you

I remember, now, the cone coming directly off the major cylinder. It has been so many years I can not remember game performance. Had it been bad, however, I think I would have remembered. I seriously doubt if it had Magnum velosity performance. Thinking back mine were 8mm bullets that I develped loads for my G43. I think the ejected case would have killed as readily as as the bullet coming out of the barrel. fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote