New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starline Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How many of you use Starline brass, and what are your experiances with it over Winchester and Remington?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I use it exclusively in my .32 H&R....It's a very fine product. I'd not hesitate to use it anywhere.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used the starline brass only in 45LC and so far I can't tell any difference......the rims have been consistant and fit the shellholder and guns well....the primerpockets have remained tight and the few neck splits have been similar to the other brass I've tried and use.......these have been factory level duplicate loads shot from good quality/fit revolvers and batch loaded with a moderate taper crimp.....I have not had any longterm -several different batchs/lots exposure to the starline but so far it seems quality brass......this was not nickel brass and feedback from other friends have not noted any problems in the 38s and 45acp ....the 454user hasn't loaded it enough times to tell.....good luck and good shooting-loading!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I use Starline brass in .38,.44 Special & .45ACP. I have had no problems. I think it is some of the best brass shells available. I have loaded both calibers over and over. I wish they would offer rifle brass in .308 & .375 H&H.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my opinion Starline handgun brass is better than any other mass produced brass out there, excepting maybe for Bell brass which is tends to be limited and priced higher. I have been using Starline for all of my revolver's for some time now and have never had a failure. I load .45LC very, very hot for a Ruger and have used Starline brass over and over and over with no issue. Alot of the competition guys use Starline as well. Also, they are a family run business, you can pick up the phone and tallk to them and they are very concerned with quality.

If they made bottleneck rifle cases I would buy those over Remington, Winchester, and Feseral as well, not to mention those too high priced european cases!

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love Starline brass. I have been using it for high pressue loads in my 45 colt and have no problems at all. Good Stuff.

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Starline is a great company, and they will talk to you.

The Win 9x23Win brass his thicker and stronger than the Starline 9mm Super Comp brass.

The Starline 45 Super brass is the same strength and capacity as Win 45acp or RP 45acp brass.

The Starline 45acp+P has a thicker wall, thicker web, and less capacity than other 45acp brass.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gents. My lot of 500 win 44mag brass is all but dead. I just bought a 100 bag of starline to see how it sets with a few of my 44s. If I am happy ill buy 500 more.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have loaded Starline brass in .45ACP, 45 Colt and .357.

It's good stuff, although it seems to take just a little more effort to resize in my Dillon 550 than either Rem or Winchester brass. My guess is that it is a little harder brass than the others. This isn't a complaint, just an observation.

Steve

Posts: 267 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
I use it in .44 Mag and 9x18mm Makarov with complete satisfaction. There may be some slight characteristic differences but durability differences between Starline and Winchester or Federal have been undetectable.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years back i purchased several 500 pc lots of .44Mag and .44 Spec,along with a few other calibers,from Midway.
These have the Midway Headstamp,but i believe the brass was all made by Starline.
I have gotten lots of loads out of each,am just now starting on my last 500 pc of .44 Mag and they should last quite sometime.Still have 500 pc of .44 Spec in the bag.
Z

Posts: 95 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote