Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 300 win long range loads
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted
My A-Bolt does well with 190gr MatchKing: 71gr of RL-22 and WLRM primer. Quickload said 2850fps. During testing this I went up to 73gr and probably could have gone higher. The 71gr load gave the best groups so that's what I'm sticking with.

It's been a while but I think the 200gr GameKing shot tight, can't remember the load. I'll be playing with the new 200gr Accubond soon and have high expectations.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine seems partial to 190 gr Hornadies. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sendero (blued).
The 190 and 200 Sierra seated over 71 grains of reloader-22 for both bullets (Work up slowly).
I think this is a combination that is capable of out shooting me on the bench.
I seat the bullets 0.015 into the rifling and use Remington cases.

On a good day five shots will go into 1/2 inch at 200 yards. A bad day usually sees me under an inch. I get the odd flier but for a factory gun under 1000 bucks what can I expect?

The 200 Nosler Partition has been a great long range performer for me.
73 grains of RL-22 (this is a hot load so be careful) gives me an average of just under 2 inch groups at 351 yards (the longest shot at my local range). Some groups go under 1.5 inches however I get the odd flier that gives me a 3.5 inch group. Not bad for a bullet going 2970fps that would take any animal in North America!

The 200 Accubond should be outstanding.

Jamie

Posts: 322 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on what x-man said. I have a Savage BT-S, that rifle and from what I can read elsewhere, is the place to start. You would be pleasantly surprised with Berger bullets.

Posts: 305 | Location: Indian Territory | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote