New
Find
Notify
Tools

25-06 Brass
 Login/Join

<MOA>
posted
I just got through loading some rounds for my sendero SF. I was using federal brass which was so-so. I know win also makes it but are there any other companies that make match grade brass for the ol' quarterbore?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I get ocassional .2-.3 5 shot groups with my fire formed Winchester brass out of my Ruger. The Winchester brass also holds about 4 more grains.

Posts: 149 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Match grade brass for a .25-06?

I get 5-shot, 200-yard groups of around 0.489-inch using plain old Remington brass.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a nice old 700 BDL in 26-06 and started running different loads through it with new Winchester and new Remington brass. I was using Rem 9 1/2 primers, as I use them in my highpower match loads with good success. Seating the primers with a hand tool in both brands of casings, the pockets in the Winchester brass were noticably looser(but tight in the Remington cases). Firing loads of 7828 well below maximum with 120 gr. bullets, I had several primer gas leaks around the radius of the primers in the rounds using the new Winchester brass. But the problem didn't appear with other test loads using RL-22 and H4831 with brass from the same lot, nor did the 7828 load in Remington cases have a problem. Needless to say I had to junk the batch of Winchester brass.

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had the best luck with Remington Brass. I've tried the nickel plated Remington brass but it doesn't seem to last as long and work as easy as plain brass. I order it bulk from Midway, Cabela's, or Lock, Stock, and Barrel in lots of 100.

Had so-so luck with Federal brass for the 25-06. Have not tried Winchester brass.

Posts: 164 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MOA,
I've been using 270 rws cases sized down to
25-06, they are certainly better quality than win/rem/fed cases.

Griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote