New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vihtavuori N-133 loadind data for 357 Herret
 Login/Join

<Paul Dustin>
posted
Would anyone have any loading data for Vihtavuori N-133 powder in a 357 Herret. I would like to try it and see how it work in my 10" Contender

<Made in Sweden>
posted
I have a friend with a Herret and I�ll see what kinda load he uses...

<Paul Dustin>
posted
I would like to know what Vihtavuori he uses. I use it in my 44 Mag and 45/70 and I like it woulds good Thank You

<Dan in Wa>
posted
Paul,
I use IMR4198 and AA2015 in my .30 Herrett. Think they might work in your .357 Herrett. Mine is a 14" er so your milage may vary.

<Made in Sweden>
posted
I checked with my friend and he said he hadn�t had a chance to try loading his new Contender, but he said he was going to try Vihtavouri N133. He didn�t have data on it but he would experiment and see how much was necessary. He promised to let me know when he had done so. Hope you don�t mind the waiting.
/Peter

<J�rgen>
posted
Hi Paul , load for the 357 Herret as well as the 30 Herret with the finnish powders almost exclusively ! But right now I`m at work and I don`t have access to my files. I`ll get back to you with all my "approved" data as soon as possible .But to load N133 in a 44 Magnum is a waste and even in the 45/70 I use N120 !

<Paul Dustin>
posted
J�rgen I would like get some loadind data for the 30 & 357 Herret using the Vihtavuori powder. In my 44 Mag I use N-110 and it work good in my 45/70 I use 63.2gr of N-133 and get 1997fps out of a 12" BBL with a 300gr bullet. Thanks

<J�rgen>
posted
Hi Paul , I`m back ! Here is what I`d start with :In 30 Herret with a 150gr. bullet I load between 19-22gr. N120 , N133 is much too slow !Even in the bigger 357 Herret I load a 180gr. Hornady SP with 24-29gr. N120 and even in this case , N 133 is too slow ! In my Super redhawk I load 18,5 gr. N 110 behind a 348 gr. Lyman bullet , it flips the chicken like they were made of paper ! In my 12" 45/70 my tried and true load is : 400gr. Speer FP and between 42,5-48gr. N120, recoil is brisk with top loads but manageable , start low and be careful , my guns may behave different than yours ! I`ll be on vacation for 3 weeks now , I`ll get back to you when I`m back, or you can e-mail me at : CPO-P3@motorrad.net , but the answer will take 3 weeks too , have fun J�rgen [Wink]